Admission to the Singapore Bar
Academic and Citizenship/PR Requirements
- Can I be admitted to the Singapore Bar if...
- I am not a Singapore citizen or permanent resident
- I did not study at an approved university
- I have a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree
- I have a dual or combined degree
- I did an accelerated course (less than 3 academic years)
- I did a graduate or masters law degree, or an overseas law conversion course
- I obtained Third Class Honours for my degree or I was not ranked within the highest 70% of my batch
- I have an external degree
- Part A of the Bar Examinations
- Part B of the Bar Examinations
- Foreign Practitioners Examination (FPE)
- How do I appeal to the Minister for Law for an exemption (or approval in advance)?
- What exemptions apply to Malayan Practitioners?
What are my options if I am not eligible for admission?
Admission / Call Procedure