Senior Minister of State for Law Edwin Tong to Visit Russia to Promote Legal Cooperation
1. Senior Minister of State (SMS) for Law and Health Edwin Tong will make his first official visit to Russia from 16 to 17 May 2019 to strengthen legal relations between Singapore and Russia.
2. SMS Tong will meet the Representative of the Russian Federation in the European Court for Human Rights - Deputy Minister of Justice Mikhail Galperin, to discuss deepening legal cooperation between Singapore and Russia.
3. SMS Tong will be attending the IX St. Petersburg International Legal Forum on the invitation of the Russian Ministry of Justice. He will speak on the topic, “Law and Values as Drivers of Socio-Economic Development” at a Singapore-focused session. The Singapore-focused session is one of three country-specific sessions at the forum this year.
4. During his visit, SMS Tong will also meet senior representatives of Russian corporations and Russian law firms to discuss how Singapore can better serve their needs, including in legal and dispute resolution services.
5. The St. Petersburg International Legal Forum is an annual event jointly organised by the Russian Ministry of Justice, the State Hermitage Museum and the St. Petersburg International Legal Forum Foundation. The forum aims to promote ideas related to modernising the law amidst the global changes.
MINISTRY OF LAW
16 MAY 2019