What admission requirements must I fulfill?
This guide is the second step of a two-step process to help you check if you are eligible for admission to the Singapore Bar. You should read this guide only after completing Step 1, which is to check whether you are or could become a “qualified person” (see the guide ‘Am I a Qualified Person?’).
This guide helps you to identify the legislative provisions for admission requirements that are applicable in some common situations. It is your responsibility to read all the relevant legislative provisions in full (including definitions of terms used) before making any decisions (e.g. applying to a law firm for employment or a practice training contract, etc).
Click on the link below that best describes you:
I am already a "qualified person"
- Graduates from the National University of Singapore (NUS) or one of its predecessors or the Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Graduates from approved overseas universities
I graduated from an approved overseas university and I fulfil all the "qualified person" criteria apart from ...
- ... The requirements to pass Part A of the Bar Examinations and to obtain 6 months of "relevant legal training" and/or "relevant legal practice or work"
- ... The requirement to obtain 6 months of "relevant legal training" and/or "relevant legal practice or work"
- ... The requirement to pass Part A of the Bar Examinations