Terms and Conditions (for e-Services)
Terms and Conditions (for e-Services)
1. The electronic services provided through mlaw.gov.sg and any associated mobile applications (which include but is not limited to electronic services relating to the Legal Aid Bureau, Legal Services Regulatory Authority, Insolvency Office, Public Trustee’s Office, Registry of Moneylenders, Registry of Pawnbrokers, the Community Mediation Centre and Exemptions (Singapore Bar/ Foreign Practitioner Examinations) (hereinafter "e-Services") are owned and operated by the Government of Singapore c/o Ministry of Law ("MLAW") as part of MLAW’s site at MLAW.GOV.SG/MINLAW.GOV.SG ("the Site").
3.MLAW may modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time at its sole discretion. All changes to the Terms and Conditions will be incorporated directly onto this page, and your submission of an Application after such changes have been incorporated will constitute your agreement to the modified Terms and Conditions and all of the changes. You should therefore read this page carefully each time you use the e-Services. For the avoidance of doubt, MLAW does not undertake otherwise to inform you of any changes to these Terms and Conditions.
4. By making an Application through the e-Services, you hereby:
a. Declare that all the information provided by you (including any supporting documents) for the purposes of the Application is true and correct, and that you are aware that legal action (including criminal prosecution) may be taken against you if you have knowingly provided information which is false, misleading, or inaccurate. In the event that any information provided by you for the purposes of the Application is subsequently found to be false, misleading or inaccurate, MLAW reserves the right to withdraw any approval granted in relation to your Application.
b. Agree that in any legal proceedings, you shall not dispute the authenticity or accuracy of any statements, confirmations, records, acknowledgements, information recorded in or produced from your Application.
c. Consent to your personally identifiable data being collected, stored, and used by MLAW for the purposes of processing your Application, and/or for any other purpose relating to MLAW’s operations. You also consent to your personally identifiable data being shared with third parties for the purposes of verifying the information provided by you, processing your Application, and/or for any other purpose relating to MLAW’s operations and the requirements under the Legal Profession Act or other legislation.
d. Agree that your consent at 4(c) above shall remain in effect unless revoked in writing by a notice sent to this link. You accept that any such withdrawal of consent will only take effect after 7 working days from the date of receipt of your withdrawal. Please note that your withdrawal of such consent could affect the service level in the processing of your Application and may result in MLAW being unable to process your Application entirely.
e. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in clauses 4(c) and 4(d) above shall be taken as limiting or prejudicing in any way whatsoever any power under written law to compel, obtain, share, disclose, and/or otherwise deal with your personally identifiable data.
f. Agree to follow and accept all necessary instructions in the e-Services when making the Application, and also to pay all necessary fees (if any) in respect of the Application.
5. In the event of any breach of these Terms and Conditions, MLAW reserves the right to seek all remedies available in law or in equity for such breaches.
6. Any decision made by MLAW in relation to your Application shall be premised on the veracity of the information provided in your Application. In the event of any inconsistency between the information provided by you for your Application via the e-Services and the information provided by you in any physical application forms (or such other forms as may be required by MLAW) for the same Application, such inconsistency shall be resolved in favour of the information recorded or produced in your Application on the e-Services.
7. In the event that the e-Services is temporarily suspended or shut down for system maintenance or such other purposes, MLAW shall take reasonable steps to notify potential applicants of the system unavailability. MLAW shall not be responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the unavailability of the e-Services due to system maintenance, or for such other purpose as MLAW may require.
8. There shall be no refunds for any payments made by you in relation to your Application.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
10. MLAW shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from its failure to perform any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions if such failure is the result of any act of God, civil disturbance or any event outside MLAW’s control.
11. These Terms and Conditions and all its subsequent variations shall be subject to, governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore in connection with any dispute arising from your Application and/or these Terms and Conditions.
Third Party Rights
12. A person who is not a party to the Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) of Singapore (as may be amended from time to time) to enforce any of the Terms and Conditions.
13. If any of the Terms and Conditions is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired.
14. MLAW reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate the e-Services, with or without cause at any time. MLAW shall not be liable for any damages, losses or expenses howsoever caused by or arising out of termination of the e-Services.