Licensing & Regulation of Insolvency Practitioners Division
The Licensing Officer oversees the new licensing and regulation of all insolvency practitioners in Singapore under the Insolvency, Restructuring and Dissolution Act 2018 (the “Act”) to ensure the fair and responsible administration of insolvency and debt restructuring matters in Singapore.
The Licensing and Regulation of Insolvency Practitioners Division was established to assist the Licensing Officer with his statutory functions under the Act, which include:
- Granting and renewal of insolvency practitioner’s licences;
- Maintaining a register of licensed insolvency practitioners in Singapore;
- Promoting and maintaining the standards of the insolvency practitioners profession by ensuring that only appropriately qualified, fit and proper persons are admitted to the industry;
- Investigating complaints made against insolvency practitioners in respect of their conduct; and
- Where necessary, taking the appropriate enforcement action against an errant insolvency practitioner.
For more information on the Licensing & Regulation of Insolvency Practitioners Division and how to apply for an insolvency practitioner’s licence, please click here.
Last updated on 23 Jul 2020